Customer hands you the key to their brand new Tesla. You’ll need to pull the car into the tint bay. You open the driver side door and sit down … wait a second, are you really going to sit in that ultra white interior without any protection?
1. A clear plastic disposable car seat cover will immediately show the customer their brand new Tesla is in the right hands. It will also help protect you from accidentally dirtying the seat while you’re tinting.
Disposable seat covers – 17 cents each
2. You now have the seat covered … but when you sit, consider this. The customer literally just picked up the car and came straight from the dealer to your shop to get tint. Do not put your dirty shoes on those brand new floor mats. Instead, consider putting down a disposable paper floor mat. Paper floor mats come to about 21 cents for both the driver and passenger side. 21 cents well spent!
Paper Floor Mats – 10.5 cents each
3. Next place you’ll touch is the steering wheel … may as well cover that too and be extra safe. You can protect that steering wheel with a disposable steering wheel cover for only 13 cents
Steering Wheel Covers – 13 cents each
4. Most likely to get wet award goes to the door panels. You have a few options to keep them dry.
Disposable – Door panels can be protected from water using a self adhesive plastic film. It is great option because of how easily it sticks to the panel, exactly where you place it, without worry of leaving any residue.
It can be a bit tricky to pull the material off the roll without it sticking to itself. I recommend mounting it on a wall rack horizontally, much like a roll of vinyl, so you can use both hands to pull off the mount you need without having to also hold the roll.
A 36″ x 200 feet roll is $64.99 … and you’ll need approximately 5 feet per door panel
Disposable Door Panel Cover – $1.63 per door
Reusable – Edge Film Technologies offers door panel cover that they say can be used up to 6 times.
“Edge door guards provide both protection door panels need as well as a clean, professional look for your clients who are watching you tint their cars, homes, and offices!
With a reusable mounting strip, these Door/Window Guards can even be reused!”
The Edge door guards come in packs of 6 for $19.50. Assuming you use each 6 times like they suggest, the reusable Edge’s door guards are a third of the cost of the disposable option previously mentioned
Reusable Door Panel Cover by Edge – $.55 cents per door
https://programedge.com (dealer logins are required)
Soakshield has teased us with a picture of their upcoming door panel guards. No indication on pricing yet but if they are anything like the ropes and dash covers, they will be worth every penny.
5. The electronics living under the front dash and in the rear sides also need to be protected from water exposure. Soakshield has this completely covered with their large microfibers dash towels and windshield ropes.
Their soak ropes are available in 3 sizes and 10 color blends. The installer kit which includes one of each size is available for $64.95 on 44Tools
“This braided Absorbent rope is tucked between the bottom of the windshield and the dashboard to stop and soak up the water running down behind the dash and causing issues with electronics.”
The microfiber dash towels are an enormous 88″ long; the perfect solution to cover the front dash, rear deck, seats, absolutely everything.
Soakshield Microfiber Rope & Dash Towel
Tint companies that embrace going the extra mile with preparation and care will be the ones that earn more and more marketshare.
I’ll leave you with these words of wisdom:
“We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos
“The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them — preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.” – Richard Branson
“Always do more than is required of you.” – George Patton
“The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best, but legendary.” – Sam Walton
“Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They DO expect you to fix things when they go wrong.” – Donald Porter